Intended audience: developers
List of known issues and workarounds
- Tango 9
- Unable to launch Jive/DatabaseDS on a linux laptop without network enabled
- Creating/Destroying device proxies on event_received hooks may cause deadlock
- Setting event properties for state/string/boolean attributes will crash device server init
- Pushing attributes outside of main device server thread may fail
- Pushing attributes events on read_$attribute method after setting attr_value may crash the device
- Pushing attributes within other attributes read_attribute methods may cause deadlock
- Tango 8
Some of these issues are solved using EnsureOmniThread context manager on Tango >=9.4
- known workaround: Set TANGO_HOST=127.0.0.1:10000 (local loopback).
- known workaround: Avoid creating/destroying proxies outside of the main thread.
- known workaround: Cleanup tango database from event config properties for the device before restart.
- known workaround: Attribute pushing should be preferably done from read_attribute, always_executed_hook, read_attr_hardware or any device command executed from the main server thread.
- known workaround: attr.set_value() must be called after push_change_event, otherwise device will crash.
- known workaround: Push events for commands or own read_attribute method only.